|Job Title||Accounts Assistant|
|Post Type||Full time, permanent|
|Division||Finance and Corporate Services|
|Salary information||£19,580 to £23,035 (Discretionary range to £26,490)|
|Date of interviews|
We require an Accounts Assistant to support the finance manager in the production of the monthly management accounts. The successful candidate will be educated to GCSE level and have experience of all aspects of Accounts Receivable. Also responsible for ensuring accuracy and completeness of company’s management accounts.
- Prepare selected balance sheet reconciliations, verifying the completeness and accuracy of the detailed transactions in support of the month end process;
- Producing accurate and timely invoices for all revenue and recharges due to Diamond.Ensuring that any income not invoiced at month end is correctly accrued. Maintaining debtors ledger.Credit control;
- Run and review purchase orders report, liaise with budget holders, procurement and accounts payable to close out old open orders that are no longer required. Use accepted orders to accrue for invoices not received at month end;
- Prepare accruals report and journal for month end – including goods received not invoiced, and beam line completion accruals. Review after posting to ensure accuracy;
- Creation and posting of various month end journals as necessary;
- Collection of the company credit card information, posting and reconciliation of the same. Ensuring that rules are applied and correct authorisation for purchases is provided;
- Update import and studentship spreadsheets on a monthly basis for review by other members of Finance;
- Provide assistance at year end for the statutory accounts;
- Verification of payment runs;
- Any other duties as required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Maths and English GCSE standard;
- Proven skills in Excel and accounting systems;
- Able to reconcile various accounts, investigate and resolve issues;
- Attention to detail, able to review data for errors and then correct them;
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently as required;
- Good numeracy, data input and communication skills (written and verbal);
- Ability to multi task, handling several elements of the role at the same time;
- Understanding the importance of ensuring that the entries into the books of account are accurate;
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate with people at all levels throughout the organisation and external to the organisation.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Working towards AAT or equivalent;
- Able to prioritise work and manage various demands, from various sources;
- Experience of all aspects of Accounts Receivable, including :-data input, review, resolution of queries and generation of invoices;
- Evidence of experience in cross cover working with other team members;
- Experience of working in a time pressured environment;
- Ability to effectively communicate a financial perspective to highly qualified (but non financial) members of staff.
- Working towards AAT or equivalent.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org