Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Manager
|Job Title||Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Manager|
|Post Type||Full time / permanent|
|Salary information||£41,878 to £49,268 (Discretionary range to £56,658)|
|Date of interviews|
Building on the foundations of the Athena SWAN (AS) initiative and recent Bronze Award success, we wish to appoint a passionate and experienced Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Manager to lead the development and implementation an overarching EDI strategy and framework, as well as continue to take forward the AS programme and Silver Award aspirations.
As the Diamond’s EDI ‘ambassador’, the successful applicant will be expected to identify and lead requirements and initiatives for the ongoing development of Equality outcomes and mainstreaming activities. If you are an organised and confident self-starter, a natural communicator, with the proven ability to provide strategic input and operational advice, guidance and support on all aspects of EDI, then you could be the person to make an important contribution to the continued success of our science and technology-based organisation.
Providing professional high quality advice and guidance so that the Diamond can better meet the aspirations of Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) and Athena SWAN (AS) and embed the commitment in all our policies and processes.
- Develop and maintain the Corporate EDI Strategy and action plan;
- Write, implement and review EDI Policy and practice at corporate and service level;
- Deputy lead for the AS Opportunities Team, co-ordinating internal and external resource to ensure the action plan is delivered on time and to budget, providing direction, support and motivation to Opportunities Team;
- Lead other EDI initiatives/ improvement programmes as directed, including the possible commitment to achieve and embed the Investors in Diversity (IiD) framework;
- Provide professional leadership by visibly championing Diamond’s EDI and AS goals;
- Review and challenge existing policies and practices and recommend improvements in line with industry best practice, presenting findings to senior management, guiding future approach;
- Undertake evidence based policy analysis, providing high quality advice and guidance to meet Diamond’s commitment to EDI and the AS Programme, promoting findings both internally and externally to the wider research community;
- Prepare and deliver presentations, workshops and training on EDI and AS to staff and other stakeholders;
- Develop systems for reporting on HR/ EDI analytics and compile and present reports with recommendations to senior management;
- Develop and maintain expertise in a professional understanding of EDI legislation and issues within a diverse and multicultural environment, translating this into practice to ensure the company’s statutory requirements;
- Liaise and work with internal colleagues and the broader EDI local and national networks, to support the co-ordination, promotion and delivery of EDI and AS activities across the Company and Harwell Campus.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Good standard of education to degree level or equivalent;
- CIPD qualified or postgraduate study;
- Commitment to and understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion issues within a diverse and multicultural environment;
- Sound knowledge of EDI legislation/ Equality Act 2010/ good practice initiatives;
- Experience of working towards an Equality Framework (Investors in Diversity)/ Athena SWAN Charter;
- Experience of working in an equality and diversity policy environment;
- Experience of managing projects;
- Experience of writing and implementing management procedures and processes;
- Experience of communicating, promoting and developing new initiatives;
- Communication - Ability to adjust content of information that needs careful explanation or interpretation to suit the needs of different audiences;
- Analysis & Research - Experience of identifying and using a range of sources to produces reports that combine different types of data;
- Initiative and Problem Solving - Experience of using initiative and creativity to resolve problems, identifying practical and suitable solutions;
- Decision Making - Self-motivated with the ability of making independent decisions that may affect others outside the immediate working team and contributing to collaborative decisions with colleagues.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of working in STEM organisation.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org