Organisational Development Manager
|Job Title||Organisational Development Manager|
|Post Type||Full time / Permanent|
|Division||Finance and Corporate Services|
|Salary information||£41,878 to £49,268 (Discretionary range to £56,658)|
This role will lead, develop and co-ordinate all organisational development activity at Diamond, by producing and delivering a workforce and organisational development strategy and plan to ensure effective organisational capacity and capability and support the aspirations of having Diamond recognised as an employer of choice.
The Organisation Development (OD) Manager with the support of an OD Administrator, will lead on several projects such as establishing a learning management system, developing competency frameworks and career pathways. This will also include the need to assist the review of our performance management process and identifying talent and development needs leading to clear succession plans. The post-holder will also develop and deliver an annual learning and development programme for the Company, working closely with key stakeholders as required to utilise existing resources and using a variety of formats.
The need for effective communication and promotion of good practice learning activities are also part of the role as is evaluation, outcomes and impact to ensure a return on investment and day to day management of the associated budget.
You will need to have a proven track record in identifying and delivering OD solutions that address business needs and the ability to establish professional credibility and confidence through an open and collaborative approach. The ability to work autonomously and be passionate on your subject matter are also important attributes.
Substantial previous experience of training delivery, organisation development, and implementing initiatives to share good practice are essential.
The aim of this role is to lead, develop and co-ordinate all workforce and organisational development activity within the Company to ensure Diamond has employees with the right skills and knowledge and the right initiatives are in place to ensure Diamond remains a leading scientific facility that people want to join, stay and do their best work.
Workforce & Organisational Development
- Work with the Head of HR and other colleagues as identified to produce a workforce and organisational development strategy and plan;
- Lead workforce and organisational development projects to deliver the strategy and plan, measuring the progress made and impact achieved to ensure effective organisational capacity and capability;
- Support the embedding of Diamond’s core Values, including the development and implementation of competency frameworks and career pathways;
- Develop and embed best practice processes, including initiatives such as Investors in People (IIP) as appropriate to ensure continuous improvement and development;
- Liaise with others regarding talent acquisition and be a key ‘learning’ ambassador to ensure Diamond is recognised as an employer of choice;
- Ensure effective talent identification and management at all levels across Diamond;
- Use a range of interventions to ensure managers and teams are as effective as possible and work towards a culture where Diamond is considered a great place to work.
Learning & Development
- Proactively work with Directors and Group Leaders to identify development needs (including needs identified through appraisals, policy and system development) and develop and deliver an annual learning and development programme for the Company working closely with key stakeholders as required to utilise existing resources and using a variety of formats;
- Ensure effective promotion and communication of training courses and where appropriate, direct marketing of such courses to individuals and groups within the Company;
- Ensure effective evaluation of learning activities ensuring that outcomes, impacts and benefits are monitored and regularly reported to ensure a good return on investment;
- Design, deliver and review the organisational development programme across Diamond providing a mix of delivery of training programmes, e-learning, mentoring, coaching and sourcing internal and external providers;
- Maintain and develop the Company’s Management Development Programme (MDP) and Essential Skills Toolkit for People Managers;
- Provide professional guidance and support to other initiatives across the Company such as Athena Swan, Concordat Vitae and Diamond’s Student Engagement programme, including assisting colleagues in the review and development of Diamond’s Induction and Performance Management and Development Review process;
- Ensure an effective Learning Management System (LMS), is in place to efficiently book, manage, record and report workforce development activities and actively promote the processes to be followed and effective use of the system.
Management of function
- Regularly review and update organisational development policies/procedures and contribute towards Company policy developments as required;
- Line management of an OD Administrator and related budget.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Educated to degree level or relevant professional qualification;
- Substantial experience in a workforce and/or organisational development role;
- Experience identifying and addressing workforce development needs through a flexible improvement strategy and programme of delivery;
- Successful experience of implementing initiatives to ensure the adoption and sharing of good practice;
- Demonstrable experience of implementing and supporting organisational change through effective workforce and organisational development programmes;
- Experience in the development and implementation of competency frameworks and career pathways;
- Experience of working with external partners and stakeholders;
- Experience of working collaboratively with others and building relationships
- Influencing and negotiation skills;
- An ability to work effectively as a member of a team and autonomously as required;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Training delivery skills;
- Strong planning and organisational skills;
- An ability to work under pressure and to meet targets and deadlines;
- A commitment to continuous professional development of self and others;
- A solution orientated approach;
- Microsoft Office/ IT skills.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of using HR systems;
- Membership of the Chartered Institute of Personnel & Development (CIPD);
- Qualified in delivering development tools e.g. psychometrics, 360 feedback, Action learning, etc.;
- Evidence of continuing professional development in relation to leadership and management skills;
- Establishing and embedding a Learning Management System (LMS);
- Talent management, management development or succession planning experience;
- Experience of applying and embedding Investors in People (IiP);
- Knowledge of and expertise in using psychometrics for development;
- Staff (and budget) management skills.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org