IT Helpdesk Analyst
|Job Title||IT Helpdesk Analyst|
|Post Type||Full time, permanent|
|Division||Finance and Corporate Services|
|Salary information||£25,247 to £29,702 (Discretionary range to £34,157)|
|Date of interviews|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire a 20 minute drive south of Oxford in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Diamond Light Source conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science and offers rewarding career opportunities covering both technical and scientific disciplines.
In this hands on role, you will record and fix user queries [IT support] including installation and configuration of software, IT equipment moves, hardware & software audits and other ad-hoc IT projects. You’ll manage & liaise with internal and external service providers. Your strong Technical skills should include knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 and above, desktop, laptop, Networking and printer support in a helpdesk environment. Mac support and/or Linux knowledge would be an advantage.
The suitable candidate can work on their own and as part of a team, solutions focused, good organiser with strong communication and helpdesk skills.
- Deal with and resolve user queries relating to IT systems;
- User support of all systems supported by the Helpdesk;
- Resolve, record, and track user calls to completion, keeping the user updated of progress;
- Advise users on software use and setup;
- Ensure and monitor user adherence to Anti Virus and IT Security policy in force;
- Carry out software/hardware Audits as directed by manager;
- New staff support (setup and installation of desktop/laptop);
- Implement IT moves (Move, install & connection IT equipment e.g. Desktop, Laptop and Printers);
- Support other IT divisions as required;
- Liaise and co-ordinate with internal and external systems providers E.G. Site Wide IT department or DELL;
- Participate in general ad hoc projects as required;
- Carry out systems back ups and Networking tasks as required;
- Linux/Multimedia and Mac support if required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Previous Helpdesk / IT Management experience;
- Proactive approach, Team player, good inter personal communicator at all levels (written & Spoken), able to prioritise;
- Microsoft Windows 7 up to latest;
- Microsoft Office 2010 up to latest;
- PC Desktop & Laptop support;
- Basic Networking;
- Printer support.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- A Levels or Equivalent;
- Professional Certification - MSCE, Network+ or similar;
- BCS or Call Centre (Helpdesk) membership;
- Mac and/or Linux knowledge/support.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org