Senior Researcher/PDRA in Accelerator Physics
|Job Title||Senior Researcher/PDRA in Accelerator Physics|
|Post Type||Full time / 3 Year Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary information||PDRA: £32,480 to £38,211 (Discretionary range to £43,943) or Senior Researcher: £41,878 to £49,268 (Discretionary range to £56,658)|
|Date of interviews|
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated person to join the accelerator physics group to work on an ambitious cutting-edge design for Diamond-II - a future upgrade to the Diamond storage ring.
- Contribute to (or for the senior role play a major role in) advanced studies of an ultra-low emittance lattice upgrade for Diamond. This involves mastering advanced numerical optimisation techniques for improving both the linear and nonlinear optics of the proposed upgrade, studying the effects of errors, developing a suitable injection scheme etc. as well as liaising with other technical groups to ensure a consistent technically feasible design;
- Contribute to liaising with Science Division scientists regarding the performance of insertion devices in Diamond-II, and selection of parameters of future devices, providing source performance information etc.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Qualified to at least degree level in an appropriate branch of physics;
- Appropriate PhD degree;
- High degree of computer literacy;
- Self motivation, flexibility, ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to travel in the UK and abroad, including periods away from home;
- Ability to work occasional shifts during machine development periods;
- For the senior researcher position, a significant amount of proven experience in Accelerator Physics relevant to the study of advanced synchrotron light sources.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Basic knowledge of the fundamentals of accelerator physics.
For further information about the role contact the Head of Accelerator Physics Group, firstname.lastname@example.org
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com