IT Helpdesk Technical Co-ordinator
|Job Title||IT Helpdesk Technical Co-ordinator|
|Post Type||Full time, permanent|
|Division||Finance & Corporate Services|
|Salary information||£32,480 - £38,211|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire a 20 minute drive south of Oxford in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Diamond Light Source conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science and offers rewarding career opportunities covering both technical and scientific disciplines.
We require an IT Coordinator to manage Corporate IT assets including standards, purchasing, deployment and inventory. Develop and support Multimedia facilities including training session provision and provide a technical lead on the IT helpdesk.
Corporate IT Asset Management
- Manage the procurement and installation of Corporate IT systems [Hardware and Software]. Also manage warranty and software maintenance renewals;
- Maintain and audit software and hardware inventory using automated ‘KACE’ tool;
- Ensure Diamond’s compliance with suppliers software licence terms and conditions;
- Working with manager and Procurement team, ensure appropriate pricing structure from main suppliers;
- Document and share own developments of scripts, tools & technical helpdesk processes.
- Manage, develop and support;
- Multimedia provisions including Video conferencing and meeting rooms;
- Audio/Video streaming for events and secure data transfer facility [FTP];
- Define and provide IT technical support for regular/one-off events, projects and visits including at the planning and preparation stage of communications events.
IT Helpdesk Technical lead
- Providing technical expertise [2nd line support] for colleagues on the I.T. Helpdesk;
- Act as I.T. Helpdesk technical lead for issues reported by other IT teams, STFC and external suppliers;
- Develop and document corporate standards for new IT Helpdesk Technical environments [Hardware and Software].
- Managing recycling/disposal of outdated/broken IT equipment in accordance with WEEE regulations;
- Managing and updating content in IT Systems area on Diamond Intranet including monthly IT statistics;
- Populate and maintain staff list for Business Continuity notification system;
- Any other miscellaneous duties which may be required including the provision of support to business IT projects as directed by manager.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Significant experience in a Helpdesk/Multimedia role or similar (Helpdesk/IT management/Technical role);
- External provider management/Co-ordination (Dell, HP);
- Ability to diagnose technical IT issues and propose possible solutions;
- Microsoft O/S and Office current plus previous 2 versions;
- PC Desktop & Laptop hardware configuration;
- Multimedia support/protocols (VC, streaming, Codec);
- Peripheral IT equipment support including Printers, IP Cameras and memory;
- Organisational skills;
- Proactive approach, Team player, good inter personal communicator at all levels (written & Spoken).
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- A Levels or Equivalent;
- Microsoft Certified Engineer MCSE or equivalent;
- General Networking (DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP, cabling);
- Linux knowledge/support;
- Mac devices;
- Automated inventory system e.g. KACE;
- Windows based scripting e.g.VBS;
- Technical membership BCS or Call Centre (Helpdesk);
- Helpdesk / IT management skills.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com