Visits & Administrative Assistant
|Job Title||Visits & Administrative Assistant|
|Post Type||Full time / 18 month fixed term contract|
|Salary information||£24,997 to £29,408 (Discretionary range to £33,819)|
|Date of interviews|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire a 20 minute drive south of Oxford in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Diamond Light Source conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science and offers rewarding career opportunities covering both technical and scientific disciplines.
To assist with the organisation of stakeholder engagement, including VIP and bespoke visits. To provide administrative support and resource management to the communications team.
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the VIP (including senior officials, journalists, politicians etc.) and bespoke visits diary, responding to enquiries and sending out invitations;
- Work with the Head of Communications to put together suitable visit programmes;
- Organise logistics associated to the visits, including booking of locations, catering and staff participation;
- Prepare a programme and briefing documentation ahead of each visit;
- Maintain a record of all visits, visitors and materials used.
- Request quotes for communication activities as required, raise purchase orders and track invoices;
- Make travel arrangements for the team, including taxis, car hire, rail, flights, accommodation etc.;
- Prepare large mailings and special/couriered delivery for the team as required;
- Be responsible for the team company credit card, overseeing purchases and taking care of all relevant paperwork and reporting;
- Provide other administrative support as required.
- Book photography jobs for the team, providing a brief for the photographer in each instance;
- Upload photos to the company image library, ensuring that all essential metadata is included;
- Supply images to the media making sure Diamond is appropriately credited;
- Take care of publicity materials requests, ensuring sufficient stock levels are in place at all times.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- A-level or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Proven ability to prioritise a busy and changing workload;
- Ability to work with different groups within the organisation;
- Ability to make decisions and use own initiative;
- Self-motivated with a positive approach and aptitude for problem solving;
- Experience of working in a busy office environment;
- IT skills commensurate with normal office environment.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Degree or equivalent;
- Prepared to learn new skills;
- Experience in event organisation/support;
- Experience in booking travel;
- Experience in database administration;
- Knowledge of data protection.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org