Finance & Corporate Services Coordinator
|Job Title||Finance & Corporate Services Coordinator|
|Post Type||Full time, permanent|
|Division||Finance & Corporate Services|
|Salary information||£24,997 to £29,408 (Discretionary range to £33,819)|
|Date of interviews|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire a 20 minute drive south of Oxford in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Diamond Light Source conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science and offers rewarding career opportunities.
To provide support to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services and some of the senior members of the Division. Working closely with the FCS Leadership Team, proactively look to improve communications, processes and systems where possible so that they operate in an efficient and effective manner.
Provide high quality administrative support to the Director of Finance and Corporate Services (FCS) and his/her direct reports as required. This includes the following:
- Organise travel arrangements.
- Organise and attend meetings; including drafting agendas, taking minutes and following up on actions to ensure completed on a timely basis.
- Carry out arrangements for visitors.
- Working with individuals, manage the FCS communal areas.
- Proof reading of documents as required.
- Ensure Business Continuity for the Division is up-to-date and relevant.
- Management of diary arrangements as required.
- Managing the Director’s email; flagging key issues to ensure deadlines are met.
- Office logistics.
- Document Management - Work with Heads of FCS to manage office systems, including data management and filing. Look to devise a document retention policy for the Division enabling FCS to reduce its storage needs;
- Champion FCS Website - Review presentation and content. Proactively ensure this is up-to-date and pertinent;
- Temporary Staff - Co-ordinate a centralised record across Diamond for all temporary, fixed term agency and contractors staff and ensure that Diamond’s procedures are followed across the organisation by requesting, validating and collating all relevant paperwork;
- Project work - undertake research and project work on behalf of the Director of Finance and Corporate Services (FCS) and his/ her direct reports when required;
- To undertake any other duties appropriate to the post as determined by the Director of Finance and Corporate Services.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Admin/Business/Management related qualification;
- Previous experience of a similar role or background;
- Excellent IT skills – standard MS office;
- Relevant experience in a similar role;
- Self motivated, pro-active and able to work flexibly;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Strong sense of initiative;
- Good attention to detail;
- Ability to manage various activities and recognise interconnections;
- Ability to work well under pressure and reorganise tasks at short notice;
- Excellent oral and written communication manners;
- Discretion and sensitivity when dealing with confidential matters;
- Ability to work with a range of people at all levels across the organisation;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of working in a multi-cultural environment;
- Understanding of budgets;
- Previous experience of projects management.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org