|Job Title||Survey Technician|
|Post Type||Full time / Permanent|
|Salary information||Circa £27,000|
The aim of this role is to carry out initial and ongoing survey and alignment tasks plus component measurement for the Diamond accelerators and beamlines.
- Carry out metrology and inspection tasks on engineering components using a range of measurement instruments;
- Set out geometric reference datum points for accelerator and beam line installation;
- Carry out dimensional surveys of the diamond survey network to enable best fit adjustments to be computed;
- Carry out pre-alignment tasks on accelerator and beam line components using 3 dimensional measuring systems;
- Survey and adjust the position of accelerator and beam line components during installation to ensure alignment tolerances are achieved;
- Follow and complete work procedures and produce inspection reports to ensure traceability of each inspection and alignment task is maintained;
- Carry out routine survey and alignment functions during shutdown periods to ensure operational parameters are maintained;
- Follow all relevant Health and Safety procedures and contribute to their development.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- HNC/HND level technical qualification or equivalent;
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills with peers;
- Must be able to carry out optical survey measurements, carry and set up equipment <25kg reasonable distances around the facility;
- Must be able to access awkward locations requiring bending, climbing and working from ladders;
- Computer literate and able to produce reports of results and measurements;
- Be able to work independently and as part of a team;
- Practical experience of precision component inspection;
- A working knowledge of engineering drawings;
- Competent in the use of computers and Word, Excel;
- Mechanical engineering apprenticeship.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Practical experience in application of survey/industrial measurement techniques;
- Familiarity with Work Planning and Safe Systems of work;
- Experience of machining and manufacturing techniques;
- Experience of working within QC/QA systems;
- Some experience of 3D CAD software;
- Must be available to travel on work related business with some overnight stays occasionally.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org