|Job Title||HR Advisor|
|Post Type||Full time (although flexible working will be considered) / Fixed Term Contract until November 2016|
|Division||Finance and Corporate Services|
|Salary information||Circa £36,000|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire a 20 minute drive south of Oxford in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Diamond Light Source conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science and offers rewarding career opportunities covering both technical and scientific disciplines.
The aim of this role is to provide professional guidance and support in the provision of all HR activities including the delivery of training and employee development initiatives.
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide managers with advice on the implementation of company HR policies;
- To support managers on HR operational issues including the recruitment process and participation in interviews as required and to undertake individual casework;
- To participate in the development of HR policy incorporating legislative requirements and best practice;
- To be responsible for the delivery of HR management information through input into the system specification and ensuring that all end users are appropriately trained; to monitor system performance and ensure the resolution of all queries;
- To participate in the conduct of Employee Relations including attendance at and the production and circulation of notes of meetings;
- To design and deliver training and management development programmes on relevant policies e.g. induction, Recruitment, Discipline and Grievance handling, Appraisal;
- To assist managers in the review of training needs and in the preparation and delivery of training plans including monitoring their effectiveness and delivery;
- To provide information and support to employees on HR issues;
- To ensure the accuracy and confidentiality in the maintenance and provision of all activities, data, records including training records and services and to deal with or respond to queries in a timely manner; to undertake relevant administration and to liaise with external bodies as appropriate; all activities to be undertaken in accordance with statutory and company guidelines;
- To participate in other activities, assignments or projects relevant to the role as required.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- CIPD or equivalent qualified with extensive post qualification operational experience; including training and development in a service driven environment;
- Direct experience of developing and delivering training solutions, activities and events, including stand up delivery;
- Working knowledge and understanding of employment law and relevant legislation;
- Good written and verbal skills;
- Proven IT skills in the use of Microsoft software;
- Proven problem solving skills;
- Ability to be flexible, creative and responsive;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Ability to form effective working relationships at all levels of the organisation;
- Good negotiating skills;
- Customer focus;
- Business and technical expertise;
- Understanding of professional, ethical and legal standards required in the role and ability to act within its framework;
- Ability to network, maintain working relationships and influence outcomes.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- A first degree or equivalent;
- Proven working experience of computer based HR/payroll management and information systems;
- Previous payroll experience;
- Focusing on results.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com