Goods Handling Assistant
|Job Title||Goods Handling Assistant|
|Post Type||Full time, 12 month fixed term|
|Salary information||Circa £16k|
Diamond Light Source is the UK’s national synchrotron science facility. Located on the Harwell Science & Innovation Campus in Oxfordshire a 20 minute drive south of Oxford in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Diamond Light Source conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science and offers rewarding career opportunities covering both technical and scientific disciplines.
Diamond is looking to recruit a one year, fixed term contract, Goods Handling Assistant to join our current team of 3 people. The position will provide general assistance for our Goods Handling service covering the receipt, registration, storage and distribution of goods/parcels delivered to Diamond on a daily basis. The successful applicant will have good IT (Word, Excel) and administration skills.
To provide general assistance for the Goods Handling service: receipt, registration, storage and distribution of goods delivered to DLS.
- Ensure deliveries are collected and recorded;
- Undertake electronic receipt registration (via Diamond eproc system) of all incoming deliveries;
- Inform staff and contractors when their deliveries have arrived;
- File delivery notes and signed Receipt Registration labels;
- Assist with housekeeping tasks;
- Relocate parcels / deliveries to storage compounds / locations;
- Assist with packaging items/goods for dispatch;
- Plus general admin duties.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- computer literate and have some admin experience;
- Proven organisational skills with good attention to detail;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Tactful and diplomatic in dealing with others;
- Willingness to help and the ability to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team;
- Flexible approach to work;
- Good IT skills, including MS Office Suite;
- Numerate & literate.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of working in a stores environment;
- Experience in working within a scientific or academic environment.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com