|Post Type||Full time / 6 month, fixed term contract|
|Date of interviews||11/05/2015|
Diamond Light Source is the largest operating medium energy 3rd generation source in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in South Oxfordshire, we host facilities supporting cutting edge research in all fields of science.
We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced crystallographer at the Post Doctoral Research Associate level to work on established projects focused on bacterial pathogenesis in our group at Diamond and the Research Complex at Harwell.
- Protein purification, crystallization and structure determination of targeted proteins;
- Publication of results in international peer-reviewed journals;
- Attend and present work at relevant scientific meetings.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- PhD in biochemistry or related disciplines; or equivalent qualification or experience;
- Sound understanding of methods, systems and approaches relating to macromolecular crystallography;
- Good laboratory research skills;
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentational skills;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to plan and carry out a research project;
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
- Ability to work on own initiative and take personal responsibility for delivery of work;
- Must be available to travel occasionally within the UK and abroad, including overnight absences;
- Experience in cloning and recombinant expression of proteins for structural studies.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience or knowledge of synchrotrons;
- Experience in Scripting;
- Experience in sample preparation for Ultra-fast Spectroscopic Applications.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com