|Job Title||Casual Workers|
|Post Type||Casual / ad-hoc basis|
|Salary information||£8 - £12 per hour|
|Date of interviews|
We are currently seeking enthusiastic and flexible individuals to work on a casual and an ad-hoc basis as part of our Communications Team. Projects would suit individuals with a keen interest in science and communicating with audiences ranging from academic researchers to the local community.
You should be able to contribute to a variety of activities including:
- Administration: this includes preparing information packs and assisting with the administration for activities undertaken by the Communications team, mail-outs, desk research and general assistance with logistics linked with communications activities.
- Outreach: this includes assisting with public visits at variable times of the year; help with exhibitions, web content for public, development of materials for schools, and assist in grant application process for science communication.
- Science writing: this includes reading through published papers; contacting authors for further information; writing Science Highlight articles; and general copywriting for Diamond web and print material.
Experience of content editing web and intranet sites would be an advantage as we have large web and intranet sites, both of which are extensively used. Experience in research methods would be an advantage.
As the activities outlined are very varied, your skills and experience may fall mainly in a specific area, e.g. science writing or event logistics. This is absolutely fine and we are keen to hear from anyone who feels they possess skills and experience that will add value to our communications activities.
To find out more about these opportunities, please call Isabelle Boscaro-Clarke, Head of Communications, on 01235 778130; pay will be based on skills and relevant experience and the task assigned.
If you are interested in working for us please complete the attached ‘Application Form’ .
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- IT literate;
- Ability to work flexible hours;
- Knowledge of MS office, mail merge and database system and Internet searching;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Degree or equivalent in science or marketing communication discipline;
- Experience of content editing web and intranet sites;
- Experience in research methods;
- Ability to work at weekends.
To find out more about these opportunities, please call Isabelle Boscaro-Clarke, Head of Communications, on 01235 778130.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org