|Post Type||Full time / 9 month, Fixed Term Contract|
|Salary information||Competitive + Benefits|
|Date of interviews|
The UK’s national synchrotron science facility, Diamond Light Source, conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science. Located 20 minutes from Oxford, it sits in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and offers rewarding career opportunities.
This post is a research-oriented position. Main purpose/focus is to carry out structural biology research within the guidance provided by Group Leader. In addition, post holder will support facility users by providing advice and guidance on the best approach to experiments.
- Undertake structural biology research within the guidance provided by Group Leader.
- Provide support for facility users (local contact)
- Assist with specific beamline tests or improvements as required
- Assist with standard sample preparation and data collection
- Follow litterature /publications within structural biology in general and area of research in particular.
- Attend relevant scientific meetings
- Publish results in international peer-reviewed journals
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- Ability to plan and carry out a research project;
- Good problem solving skills;
- Ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
- Ability to work on own initiative and take personal responsibility for delivery of work;
- Good interpersonal, communication and presentational skills;
- Ability to work flexibly including weekend and out-of hours working as required;
- Good understanding of methods, systems and approaches relating to macromolecular crystallography;
- Experience with datacollection and analysis of MX, SAXS and CD data;
- Experience with SPR and ITC.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of beamline instrumentation;
- Experience with beamline operation.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com