Electrical Design Draughtsman
|Job Title||Electrical Design Draughtsman|
|Post Type||Permanent / Full-time|
|Salary information||Circa £25,000|
|Date of interviews|
The UK’s national synchrotron science facility, Diamond Light Source, conducts world-class research in virtually all fields of science. Located 20 minutes from Oxford, it sits in a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and offers rewarding career opportunities.
- Produce electrical detailed design drawings for technical systems such as; Motion control for optical systems; Vacuum control systems for vessels & beam tubes; Safety interlock systems for personnel protection; Electrical installations for buildings and experimental areas including power distribution, lighting, telecoms, HVAC, etc.
- Develop knowledge and understanding in technologies such as; Programmable logic controllers, Sensors, motors, actuators and encoders.
- Use of Computer Aided Design software package AutoCAD;
- Assist in procurement of equipment through commercial suppliers;
- Contribute to hazard analysis and risk assessment exercises;
- Maintain and update engineering drawings and documentation on projects;
- Work within DLS procedures and contribute to their development.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
- ONC/HNC or equivalent in relevant discipline
- Good working knowledge of AutoCAD system
- Ability to work reliably and minimum of supervision;
- Demonstrate production of good quality electrical detail drawings with reference to specifications;
- Background in electrical engineering;
- Team player and good communicator.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- Understanding of controls and electrical designs;
- Experienced in the use of computers and MS Office including Word, and excel;
- Experience of working within a QA system;
- Experience of manufacture, assembly, testing and commissioning of systems;
- Competence in at least one of Motion control, safety systems, building services, PLCs, instrumentationTechnical Apprenticeship;
- Engineering Council registration and membership of relevant professional body;
- Occasional travel on work related business.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com