|Job Title||Software Scientist|
|Post Type||Fixed term/ part time (6hour x 1day pw)|
|Salary information||Circa £33K, pro rata|
Diamond Light Source is the UK's national synchrotron facility, conducting world-class research in virtually all fields of science. Located 20 minutes from Oxford, it sits in a designated area of Natural Beauty.
Part-time scientific software support is required to maintain and develop the IOS App Synchlink that allows Macromolecular crystallographers who use Diamond MX beamlines to monitor experiments remotely using Apple devices.
As part of the Data analysis team,your primary role will be to work within the group to support and further develop and enhance the IOS App Synchlink. In addition, you will provide a technical advisory/support function to other departments as necessary; use technical and professional knowledge to identify opportunities for technical or process improvement; and maintain responsibility for the management and coordination of own workload, ensuring outputs are delivered on time and to high quality
This is a 6 hour/1 day per week, 26 week contract.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
You should have
- a track record in developing IOS applications;
- experience of full software lifecycle support;
- a degree or equivalent qualification;
- good interpersonal, communication and presentational skills;
- the ability and initiative to get to the heart of the problem and take it effectively through to completion;
- be resourceful;
- the ability to interact effectively with staff at all levels;
- be an experienced IOS programmer;
- be self motivated, interested in keeping pace with software testing best practises, yet enjoy team work.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
- a working knowledge of macromolecular crystallography workflows;
- experience in MX data collection at synchrotron beamlines;
- experience of UNIX-like operating systems;
- experience or understanding of synchrotron experimentation and data capture.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org