|Job Title||Facilities Assistant|
|Post Type||Full time, Permanent|
|Division||Finance and Admin|
|Salary information||Circa £19K|
|Date of interviews|
Diamond Light Source is a new synchrotron and a leading scientific facility of its type in the world. Located on the Harwell Science and Innovation Campus in South Oxfordshire, we host facilities supporting cutting edge research in all fields of science.
To assist with the effective organisation and execution of general duties as part of a customer facing role within the Soft Facilities team.
The key duties of the post are as follows:
- Access Control administration, issuing cards and granting access to controlled areas in accordance to Diamond Health & Safety regulations and authorisation procedures. Using C*Cure access control system;
- Planning and organisation of own workload for all reactive works and planned activities;
- Resolution of issues in a timely manner;
- Proactively contacting internal and external customers/suppliers including; administration, procurement, setting up service levels of smaller Soft Facilities Management (SFM) Contracts including kitchenette supplies, stationery, business stationery, mobile phones, vending, confidential waste and window/door maintenance;
- Provide support for all general department activities including help desk enquiries, meeting room bookings, filing, placing orders, by using systems, such as: - Microsoft Office, eProc, CDR, Magnolia, Confluence etc;
- Daily management of SFM contractors and temporary staff, ensuring that site Health &
- Safety requirements are met, i.e. ensuring correct training and ATW/PTW's are in place;
- Be responsible for all daily re-configuring of meeting and conference room layouts;
- Assisting with setup work and support of company events;
- Carrying out minor office/lab and equipment moves where required;
- Keep Facilities pages on Diamond Intranet up to date using systems such as Magnolia;
- Assist the Facilities Administrator to develop/create any new processes brought in place to assist Diamond Staff;
- Be responsible for all postal distribution, collection and documentation.
Qualification & Experience - Essential
Qualifications and Experience: Essential
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail;
- Confident enthusiastic self-starter able to work independently or as part of a team;
- Customer focussed, with excellent interpersonal skills at all levels, both verbal and written;
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions;
- Able to undertake significant and regular manual handling tasks safely with care and attention to detail;
- Ability to work flexibly and under pressure to meet deadlines;
- Good organisation skills;
- Practical hands on ability;
- Experience of working in an office environment;
- Good level of IT literacy including familiarity with MS office and use of e-mail;
- Experience in planning and prioritising workload;
- GCSE English and Maths (Grade A-C) or equivalennt;
- Sufficient knowledge or experience to confidently undertake tasks such as assembly of office equipment and furniture etc;
- Familiarity of building maintenance type work.
Qualification & Experience - Desirable
Qualifications and Experience: Desirable
- Clean Driving Licence;
- Manual handling trained;
- Fire Warden trained;
- First Aider trained;
- Relevant Professional Training.
Applying for employment
For further details on applying for employment at Diamond, please visit our 'Application Form' page.
Appointments will be made depending on the skills and experience of the candidate. Electronic Diamond application forms in MS-Word are preferred. These should be emailed to email@example.com