The template includes complete instructions for submitting via the UAS (where the template is also available for download). Some instructions for specific fields are repeated here:
Science overview tab:
• Title: <10 words, and include target name and (if relevant) disease or biological relevance
- 2-3 sentences, <50 words
- should be understandable by a reviewer who is not a specialist in your area of biology
- must allow reviewers to recognise potential conflict-of-interest without seeing the full proposal.
• Science Case: Download and fill in the XChem science case template (also available here). Detailed instructions are at the end of the document.
• Beamlines: select XChem
• Number of shifts: enter 12
• Access to RCaH: select yes
Experimental methods tab
• Select “Create New Experimental Method”
• Copy-paste the following text to the corresponding fields:
- Name: “fragment screening in lab36 and I04-1”
- Sample method statement: “Crystals will be brought pre-grown by users or grown using Diamond and RCaH crystallization robotics. Fragment compounds will be transferred to crystal drops using the ECHO liquid handler. Crystals will be harvested using a Shifter device and frozen in liquid nitrogen. Relevant risk assessment: SC_MC/DLS/RA/2013/00064. Relevant COSSH: SC_MC/DLS/CO/2013/00092“
- Beamline method statement: “Crystals frozen in lab36 will be transferred to beamline I04-1 and auto-collected in cryogenic queue mode, with or without the users present. Crystal loading and unloading will be performed by local contacts or occasionally users themselves.”